Those of you who have visited our apiary have tasted the cake with honey and banana and are constantly asking for the recipe. These days when we all have to live in quarantine and cook a little more I think it will be useful. So here it is
You will need two bowls and a silicone spatula, as well as a 10x30cm cake pan.
2 very ripe bananas mashed
2 eggs lightly beaten
1/2 cup sunflower oil
1 cup orange blossom honey
juice of 1/2 orange
250 g all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100 grams dark chocolate chopped
1 baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 150°C set to fan.
- Grease a 10×30 cm cake pan well.
- Line the bottom and the sides of the cake pan with baking paper, leaving a little more on the sides.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients – the flour, the baking powder, the baking soda, the cinnamon, the chopped chocolate.
- In another bowl mix the sunflower oil, the eggs, the mashed bananas, the honey, the orange juice and the vanilla extract.
- Carefully pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients, and mix well with a silicone spatula.
- Transfer the mixture to the cake pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 60 minutes Forty-five minutes into baking, check if it’s done by sticking a knife inside – if it comes out clean, then the cake is ready.